Peripass Product Update: Enhancing Efficiency and Functionality
At Peripass, we are committed to continually improving our platform to make your operations smoother, more efficient, and tailored to your needs. We are excited to introduce our latest updates and additions that will help you take control of your yard operations with ease. Let’s dive into what’s new:
1. Create tasks on the fly from the Yard Operator App
A new button to create tasks
When you create a task, you first choose the template
Choose a visitor or asset to complete creating your task.
Tasks created directly behave a bit different from normal task:
When you create a task, you will immediately continue executing this task.
It is not possible to cancel a task. Cancelling a task will unassign the operator and make the task available for other operators with the correct permissions. Instead it is possible to delete a task you create yourself.
Keep in mind that you cannot start a new task as long as you are executing another task. As a consequence, it is not possible to create tasks that need to be executed later. We did this on purpose as the yard tasks are meant to be small tasks you execute fast. We want to avoid that a backlog of tasks is created, that you should maintain.
2. Let operators choose the asset or visitor when executing a task
When you have a TMS/EPR/WMS that coordinates when a trailer is loaded, then this system can create tasks hat peripass executes. However, the system probably does not know what trailers are available on the yard.
We make it now possible to create a task without linking it to an asset or visitor (only possible with API). When the operator starts the task, the first step for them will be to start executing the task.
3. Push notifications on the mobile app have arrived
Operators will be informed about new tasks using push notifications on their mobile phones. This is mainly useful in case an operator is executing a task and they want to be notified. The operator will only get a notification for new tasks when they have permissions to execute.
Small but Significant Improvements
- Bigger Scrollbar: We’ve enhanced the self-service kiosk with a larger and bolder scrollbar for better navigation.
- Change Process Steps: You can now change your frequent process steps directly form the action menu in the Dispatch Dashboard.
- SMS Delivery Notifications: We’ve improved SMS delivery notifications to ensure timely updates.
- Driver Document Printing: The user experience for drivers printing documents is optimized for a seamless check-out procedure.
- Automatic Approval with Reference Lists: You can now save a list of reference numbers in a single custom field for automatic approval on a profile.
- License Plate Tokens: Access tokens for license plates now indicate which ANPR camera they were activated for, providing greater clarity.
At Peripass, we’re dedicated to enhancing your operations and providing you with a platform that adapts to your unique requirements. We hope these updates make your experience even better. Stay tuned for more exciting developments in the future!
Latest blog posts
[Waregem, Belgium, 10/24/2023] – Peripass is thrilled to announce its recent partnership with Cebeo. Leading distributor specialized in the distribution of electrical materials, technical services, and solutions for the residential, tertiary, and industrial sectors....
In the dynamic environment of a yard, ensuring the safety of truck operations is paramount. With heavy vehicles constantly on the move, managing these giants safely is a complex task. Peripass, with its innovative solutions, plays a crucial role in this domain,...
In today's fast-paced logistics environment, the efficiency of yard operations is more crucial than ever. A common yet significant issue that disrupts this efficiency is the problem of trucks waiting in yards. This not only affects the logistics companies but also has...